These advanced beginners will jump into deeper water, and learn to be comfortable falling sideways into the water wearing a lifejacket. They'll be able to support themselves at the surface without an aid, learn whip kick, swim 10 m on their front and back, and be introduced to flutter kick interval training (4 x 5 m).
- Jump into deep water, return and exit
- Sideways entry wearing PFD
- Tread water 15 sec.
- Recover object from bottom in chest-deep water
- Wearing PFD, jump into deep water, tread 30 sec. and swim / kick 15 m
- Flutter kick on front, back and side 10 m each
- Whip kick in vertical position 30 sec. with aid
- Front crawl and back crawl 10 m each
- Interval training: 4 x 5 m flutter kick with 20 sec. rests
- Water Smart messages: Swim with a Buddy; Wear a Lifejacket; Check the Ice; Swim to Survive