These intermediate swimmers will swim 5 m underwater and lengths of front, back crawl, whip kick, and breaststroke arms with breathing. Their new bag of tricks includes the completion of the Canadian Swim to Survive® Standard. They'll cap it all off with front crawl sprints over 25 m and 4 x 25 m front or back crawl interval training.
- Standing dive into deep water
- Tread water 1 min.
- Swim underwater 5 m
- Canadian Swim to Survive Standard: Roll entry into deep water, tread 1 min. and swim 50 m
- Whip kick on front 15 m
- Breaststroke arms drill 15 m
- Front crawl and back crawl 25 m each
- Interval training: 4 x 25 m front or back crawl with 20 sec. rests
- Sprint front crawl 25 m
- Water Smart messages: Swim with a Buddy; Wear a Lifejacket; Check the Ice; Swim to Survive