Approved Pool Rules
- One long blast of the whistle means - clear the pool quickly. This may be an 'emergency'. After a pool check, the Lifeguards will blow two short blasts signaling to the swimmers that they may re-enter the water.
- No one may enter the pool unless the attending Lifeguards have declared the pool open.
- No person infected with a communicable disease or having open sores on the body is allowed in the swimming or wading pool.
- No person shall pollute the water in the pools in any way.
- All children under the age of TEN years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian (14+).
- Before swimming in the deep end of the pool, all children will be tested by the Lifeguards. It is the Lifeguards sole decision to certify a swimmer for the deep end of the pool.
- All swimmers must take a soapy shower before entering or re-entering the pool. Sun screens should be applied at least 30 minutes before entering the pool.
- Swimmers with shoulder-length hair or longer should have their hair tied back or a cap worn.
- All swimmers are to stay off the buoy line.
- All small children in the wading pool must be accompanied by a parent or guardian (16+).
- No food or drink is permitted on pool deck at anytime. Bottled water (no glass) will be the only exception.
- No person shall engage in boisterous play in or about the pool. There shall be no running on the pool deck.
- The nature of the activities in the water as well as the toys and devices used will be at the discretion of the Lifeguards. Games may be allowed only if the attending Lifeguards have given permission based on the number of swimmers present.
- No Pets are allowed within the club’s fenced-in area.
- Diving is only permitted from the far deep end of the pool – not from the sides.
- Flips, twisting and back dives are not permitted. Swimmers who jump or dive into the pool must ensure their way is clear.
- Members are responsible for introducing 'Visitors' to the attending Lifeguards. Lifeguards will test 'Visitors' as in point #7.
- Adults and children are requested not to interfere with Lifeguards during their working hours. The office is OFF LIMITS to all members. The phone is for EMERGENCY USE ONLY.
- All members are requested to check the Bulletin Board and Website regularly. If you have questions regarding pool procedures, please ask the Lifeguards or Board director.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR CHILD'S HEALTH, SAFETY AND BEHAVIOUR WHILE AT FAIRFIELDS, REGARDLESS OF THEIR AGE.
As approved by the Board of Directors January 2020